I can’t believe we’re getting ready to start our final project and come to the end of DS106! I didn’t realize until today that this was our last week of normal assignments for this class. This week was an interesting one… I wasn’t exactly sure what mashups and remixes would entail at the beginning of the week, but I figured it out as I went.

I did a mix of remix and mashup assignments this week – 10 stars worth of mashups and two remixes. The first had me mashup a scene and a prop from two famous movies. For the second assignment, I replaced the logo of one brand with the logo of another. The third had me take multiple steps to edit a photo. For the fourth assignment, I did a mashup of two posters from different movies. The fifth assignment had me go back to a previous assignment and remix it, which completely changed the feel of the image. I also wrote a tutorial on the movie poster mashup assignment.

I also spent some more time this week thinking about the final project. Before I knew what the final project was going to be, it seemed to loom menacingly at me from the syllabus. However, once I learned that we were able to create our own projects and base them on our characters and the work we have been doing throughout the semester, I got excited! The wrote a post about some of my remixed ideas for the final project. I am actually looking forward to the final project. I know that it will be a lot of work, but I think that it will also be a lot of fun, as well as a great reflection on the semester and an opportunity to use the skills that I have learned.

I also completed three daily creates this week.

I am hoping to start working on the project over the weekend and finish the semester strong!